Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Catching up

Okay, so it's been a couple of days since I posted. Here's what's been going on. Friday I chaperoned my daughter's field trip to Oregon, WI. They visited the Police Dept, library, Pizza Pit and the Fire Dept. Afterwards, all of us (4 first grade classes, teachers and chaperones) went over to the park for lunch. All of the kids seemed to enjoy the trip. I went home from the park and worked on a couple of sewing projects. Despite the weather, my husband spent the weekend in Iowa with one of our horses at a Civil War reenactment. Sunday morning they called the event because of rain. It had been raining (heavy) there since 8 pm or so on Saturday nice and hadn't let up. As of this morning, I still had gear laying on the floor of the garage drying out.

Monday was my last class of the eight week fitness class I had been taking at the gym. Unfortunately, I haven't been to the gym since. I will definitely be going sometime tomorrow. It was a great class with great people. I learned a lot about myself. The biggest thing was that I can do it and don't give up. I may not have lost any weight but I can definitely see the difference.

I ran by the barn after my class to check and see if they were going to get the chance to fix Mark's stall. He's taken to grabing hold of the back wall (when he's mad) and pulling. When I got there, what do I find? A horse in my horse's stall, mind you not my horse!!! If I had been asked I might not have minded, but it's kind of irritating to be paying for a stall and having someone who's doesn't using it. Okay, I feel better. Sorry about that. Any ways, Mark's stall is fixed.

After that, I went up to my daughter's school for their end of school Beach Party. It was fun. I left after lunch.

Now, since Monday afternoon I've spent most of the time sewing. Hopefully, I will have everything I'm working on done by Monday afternoon. That's when I have to pack it up to go to my friend, Kay's in Indiana. I usually work well under pressure. Monday, finished a bodice and got most of a girl's dress done (needs buttons / buttonholes). Yesterday, finished another bodices (next step cartridge pleating the skirts). Today I finished a little girl's dress (except for some hand sewing and buttons).

I think that's all for now.

Later.

No comments: