Thursday, May 31, 2007

Horses take a fieldtrip

Well, we finally got the horses to my daughter's school today. We had been trying to get this scheduled since December. The only thing that kept us from doing it then was fog.

My husband and I went up to the barn and cleaned the horses up. We arrived at school a little early and had to wait for recess to be over before getting them out of the trailer. We put our daughter's pony saddle on my gelding Mark (and later moved it over to B-hawk). Once the class arrived, we had our daughter tell her what she could about the boys. What she couldn't answer my husband and I did. She also got to show them how she gets them to walk and trot (no cantering yet!) and how to steer (even though she was on a lead line the whole time). Between the three of us we answered a lot of questions from 22 first graders and their teacher. Everyone seemed to have a great time.

On another note, I'm almost done with the back of my first sweater. But I'm still working on the undersleeves and chemisette for my sage riding habit. They should be finished by the end of the weekend, as well as the corsets.

That's all for now.

No comments: