Friday, February 5, 2016

UFO Sewing Project Update or I Really Need to Finish Projects That I Start - February 5, 2016

Well, it's been over a year since I started my "crafting diet" and 5 months since I've posted any progress on it. I really need to get better at keeping up on my blog (and getting my projects finished). In my defense, there really has been quite a bit going on. However, I won't go into any of it. This is a new year and we're already into the second month of that new year.

You might remember this list that I included in my post back in January. I've actually gotten quite a bit of it done. New quantities are in red. Notes are in green. So here's the finally tally on my UFO sewing projects from last year.


Boys Clothing
1 8 pairs of pants
5 ensembles (vest/pant, vest/pants/jacket, tunic/pants, etc)
5 shirts (three shirt on the square, two pleated front)
11 12 collarless vests - I did in fact get the fronts done for three vests. 
8 shawl collar vests
more suspenders

Women's Clothing

2 chemises
1 red corset (mine)
1 rain paletot (DD) - Almost finished - needs hem, buttonholes, & buttons
1 riding habit skirt - needs pleating and waistband
2 skirts
1 velveteen jacket
3 vests
2 "purses"

Men's Clothing

1 flannel under shirt
1 wool overshirt (this one's not cut out, but needs to be done)
1 men's drawers (customer's)

Girls Clothing

1 cotton body (found another one - work has been done on both but neither are finished)
5 cotton dresses (work has been done on all of these but they are not finished)
1 silk suiting ensemble
1  3 skirts (DD) -  third is partially finished
1 canton flannel petticoat - Found 3 - I got three ready for yokes & waistband

So, I started 2015 with 65 civil war clothing items on this list. I completely finished 19 (about 30%), added four that I found, partially finished 16 (about 17%) & several more cut out, which I will add to my 2016 UFO list.

Next up - My 2016 UFO Sewing Project List & an Update on other projects that I've been working on.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: