Monday, February 29, 2016

And sew it begins... 3/1/2016

I decided to go ahead with the challenge I touched on in my last post. I went through and made a new list of Civil War sewing projects that I have started and a couple of items that need to get done. Now, this challenges is on top of my "regularly scheduled" sewing projects and a couple of pattern projects that I've been working on getting published. 

Before you ask. Why do you have so many projects to complete? I got in a bad habit of cutting out multiple items when I cut out one project for a customer. Then I set the project aside to finish at a later date. Well, now is the later date. :-)

We'll have to see how it goes, but my plan is to update this blog at least once a week (hopefully more as I get projects done) during the month of March and to get the projects photographed as I finished them.  Keep an eye on www.shop.originals-by-kay.com. Many of these projects will be posted there for sale once completed. 

Now to the challenge. I've divided my master list into three lists. 

The first has 31 items on it. This is the "unless something major happens in March", I should have all of them finished by the end of the month. 

List #1

5 collarless vests
2 pr. Trousers
1 toddler suit
5 girls' dresses
2 girls' bodices
2 girls' skirts
4 girls' canton flannel petticoats 
1 riding habit skirt
2 women's vests
2 women's jackets
1 corset
2 bags
1 men's undershirt

The second list has 9 items on it. These are projects that need a bit more done to get them finished. These will be worked on AFTER everything is done on the first list. 

List #2

1 boys' shirt
2 boys' vests
3 boys' suits
1 women's dress
1 women's ballgown
1 women's wrapper

And finally, list three is the remainder of the original list. These projects will only be worked on if the other two lists are completely finished.  

After everything I finished for Madrigals last month, this should be a piece of cake. 

Have a great day! 





No comments: