Sunday, June 17, 2012

June 17, 2012 - Happy Father's Day!

It's been quite a long time since I've added anything to my blog. Today is Father's Day, so Happy Father's day to all the dads out there.

It's already been quite a year, I spent 10 days early in the year working on 4 Tunisian crocheted vest and six boys jackets for a TV pilot (thanks to my friend, Marta, who let me spent a couple of extra days at her house trying to finish them on time), then we spent a week down in Tennessee for the 150th Shiloh Civil War reenactment, took a horse up for Midwest Horse Fair, and my daughter to her first "real" horse show (the first one where she wasn't in a leadline class). While my husband and daughter were in Sacramento, KY for a event, I went down to Evansville, WI and hung out with friends from the Timekeepers. It was nice to go to an event (even for a day) and not have to do anything or be anywhere.


One of the UFOs
A very sheer, CW dress
I've been quite busy with all of the sewing & stuff.  Needless to say that's why I've not been on blogging. We'll have to wait and see when the next post will be added after this one.  In the last month or so, I've done a bunch of corsets (sorry, I lost count on how many), finished a few UFO's (Unfinished Objects or in this case projects), and made some headway on some others.


My Cotton Dress
The beginning of May, I finally finished a cotton Civil War period dress for myself including collar and cuffs (which is what most of my dresses tend to lack unless a friend sews them on for me).  Which I wore for the first time to the event in Evansville, WI.








One of the most recently finished was a slightly off white paletot to go with a pair of linen boys' trousers and vest.  (This outfit will be for sale shortly here.


So, as I've said it's been a busy year already. Oh, did I mention, I published two Tunisian crochet patterns this year (so far). Both are translated from the original German, to modern English crocheting terminology (they also include the original German). One is for a Ladies' Sontag, it includes two variations and the other is a Gentlemans' Scarf. Thanks to my friend, Kay for letting me use her Der Bazar Magazines! 

Yesterday, I spent the day enlarging a boy's vest pattern & jacket (from an original 1864 pattern) and cutting out 6 pairs of boys' trousers, 2 pair of boys' short pants, one vest & one jacket. Of these 4 pairs of the trousers and 2 pair of boys' short pants are for customers. Also, on my to do list are: 4 vests, two jackets, two pleated front white shirts, two paletots, one sheer dress, & a rosette belt for customers. As well as, two ladies' ensembles (vest, jacket & white bodies). I'm also working on another Tunisian crochet pattern that I hope to have available later this year.

Some how amongst all this work, I've also been getting some reading done.  My daughter and I joined our library's summer reading program. I've found that I really enjoy reading Fantasy novels, no not the ones that have any type of apocalyptic theme.  Earlier this year I read, Touch of Power by Maria V. Snyder. I loved it and can't wait until the next one in the trilogy comes out. I've also enjoyed reading her Study series and am currently working on her Glass series (I've already read Storm Glass). However, I'm currently reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) & Black Orchids (Rex Stout) and The Way of Shadows (Night Angel #1, Brent Weeks).  I've got several more books on my reading list.

Anyway, I suppose it's time to get off of here and go get something done. Have a great day!






No comments: