Saturday, November 10, 2012

November 2, 2012 - Busy Year So Far

Wow. I guess it's been a busy year for me (at least since June). It's been almost six months since I've been on here to blog.  We'll see if I can remember what's happened since the last time I've blogged.

In July:

Again this year we took our horses over to Old World Wisconsin for the 4th. We ended up having 6 Morgans there this year. We had a great time despite the heat.

A couple of days later we were on the road to the civil war reenactment at Wauconda, IL. When we arrived it was 107 degrees (110 heat index). I'm glad I broke down and bought a battery powered fan, it made sleeping Friday night bearable. Saturday, I had two students for my Tunisian crochet class. We didn't have too many spectators on Saturday, most of us think it was because of the heat.  Saturday night was a bit cooler and I didn't need the fan to sleep.  Crowds were much better on Sunday. Wauconda is a "home" event for us. It's also the event where our friends who have "retired" from the hobby come out and visit.  Some of them I hadn't see in 6+ years. 


July was also a busy month for sewing. I finished a bunch of corsets. Also, finished a four piece boys outfin in linen (jacket, paletot, & vest were all made of white linen), a pair of cotton trousers, a collarless linen vest, & a silk tie for a customer.  

The last weekend of July was spent at a millinery workshop in Fort Wayne. I worked on a couple of corsets.

Then came August and what was the  beginning of what seems like non stop traveling. We spent the first weekend of August at a civil war event in Boscobel, WI.  Sunday was cool enough (or at least it felt cool enough) that I went and got one of my husbands shell jackets out of the horse trailer.  The following weekend we took both of the horses down to a one day show in Brodhead, WI.  Our daughter entered a couple of in hand classes, on of which was split in two so because there were around 40 horses entered.  She got called back in the final 12 but ended up not placing. I entered in an inhand class, which my horse wouldn't stand still or be quiet for. But I did end up placing 5th out of 6th in one of my mounted classes. That was the first time I've ever placed. My husband entered in one mounted class with his horse. Unfortunately, they didn't place, but they did look good together.

Ended up spending a weekend of August 17th, in Hampshire, IL working on women's Regency petticoats and girls chemises. We finished all but two of the women's petticoats.

As usual, I had some corsets to due in August. Other items I finished for customers in August were a women's pinner apron, toddler dress and a small boy's shirt out of five yards of cotton calico, a silk rosette belt, a pair of men's pants and a sheer cotton dress. I also finished up some knitting and crocheting projects for Ravelry's Ravellenics (formerly Ravelympics).

I did get a chance to have some fun too.  We spent a day up at Mt. Olympus.  The rest of the month I spent on the road for the mercantile.

I'll finish the catch up later. (September & October next time).





No comments: