Friday, November 25, 2011

Updating.....

Decided to finally update my blog. Wow, can't believe its been a year since I did so.  Needless to say it's been a busy year. I'm adding a new page to my blog for knitting & crocheting (KnittingAside), this will be for things I'm working on, maybe a pattern or two.  Who knows?

I didn't make it out to too many Civil War events this year.  Just Wauconda, IL & Wilson's Creek, MO. Wilson's Creek was the 150th Anniversary event and was filled with lots of issues, we still had a good time and were very thankful that it never got as hot as they were originally anticipating.

I've also been trying to get some reading in.  Over the past year I've read:
1. Debt of Bones - Terry Goodkind
2. Wizard's First Rule - Terry Goodkind
3. Stone of Tears - Terry Goodkind
4. Nightwalker - Jocelyn Drake
5. Flesh and Fire - Laura Anne Gilman
6. Weight of Stone - Laura Anne Gilman
7. Midsummer's Night Dream - William Shakespeare
8.Water for Elephants - Sara Gruen
9. The Civil War 150
10. Knitting Rules - Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (love this book!)
11. a bunch of knitting, crocheting, quilting & costuming books.
12. Poison Study - Maria V. Snyder
13. Magic Study - Maria V. Snyder
14. Fire Study - Maria V. Snyder

I'm currently reading The Shattered Vine (Book 3 of The Vineart Wars) by Laura Anne Gilman.  This is one of those book series that you hate to see end (I felt the same way about the Study Book series).

I've also been knitting and crocheting my little (okay, maybe they're not so little) fingers off, as well as sewing.

I've been busy doing a ton of sewing. Lots of corsets the past few weeks.  But here's one of the most recent projects I've finished (that wasn't a corset). This 3 pc. outfit was made from an original 1861 pattern (the hat is sold separately).  All of the trim was put on by hand.  You can find it for sale here.


Time to go for now.  I will try to update my blog more often (at least I'm hoping it won't be another year before I update it again).

No comments: