Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Finished...Knitting.

I usually knit both socks at the same time (in a couple of days usually),
but when I have lots of cool yarn I tend to knit one to see what it looks like knitted up.  So lately, I've been busy trying to finish all of my started projects (both sewn & knitted).  Here's some of the knitted things I've finished recently.


Finished socks x ???:


Men's Socks
Started: Oct. 2008
Finished: Sept. 8, 2010
ONLine Supersocke 100
I ended up using two skeins. One wasn’t
enough, especially since I wanted them
to match as closely as possible.
Glib Socks by Bex
Started: Feb. 28, 2009
Finished: Sept. 1, 2010
Sunshine Yarn Twist Sock Yarn
Color: Stupefy (HP sock yarn club)

Pattern seemed to take forever.

I didn't use a pattern for these socks.
I had actually started a different pair of socks in this yarn and had
one done when my daughter
informed me that she wanted "plain" socks.
Started: Aug. 23, 2010
Finished: Aug. 29, 2010
(just in time for the
first day of school.)Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter Color: Tonks




Another "plain" pair of socks, these are mine.
Started: Feb. 5, 2010
Finished:  Aug. 23, 2010
Zwerger Garn Opal Harry Potter

Color: Ron






Projects I've also started & finished:





This is the Reid Kerchief by ThreeBagsFulled.  I ended up slightly modifying it because I skipped a row or so.  My daughter is extremely happy with it so it doesn't really matter. I used Araucania Ranco Solid Color 119.






Also, finished a hat for my daughter using leftover Fantasy Dark Horse Yarn (color: 40).  I used the pattern Zinnia Dahlia by Petra Hoy.


New(ish) projects: On Sept. 11, I started knitting a hat for myself, I'm using Eliots Ass-Kicking hat by Megan Ellinger.  I've modified it a bit so that the ribbing when rolled back is 3x1 instead of 1x3 (reverse of what she did).  I'm making it in Roasted Coffee fingering wt NatureSpun by Brown Sheep.  So far I'm 1/2 way through the second pattern set.  I am hoping to have it done by the time it snows here.

Monday I started working on a pair of mitts for my daughter (Araucania Ranco Multy Color 117). I'm using the same pattern I used for both pair of mine (Fingerless Mitts by Sandi Rosner).  I finished the first one today. It looks really nice - though kind of stiff, I'm using size 0 needles instead of the size 2 listed in the pattern.  She just tried it on and told me that they were snug.

This morning I received the third clue for the Criminal Minds Mystery KAL (Knit-A-Long).  I've finished the first 8 rows, just have to do that one more time and then the first 4 rows again.  This is the first KAL I've done and I'm really enjoying it.  Thanks, ThreeBagsFulled. Can't wait for the next clue (and the next KAL).

No comments: