Tuesday, March 23, 2010

March 20th - Fort Wayne, IN Civil War Ball

First let me say I had a great time, even though I didn't dance. It was great to see my friends, some of whom I haven't seen since last Civil War season, some I hadn't seen since the Midwest Civil War Civilians Conference in January & the few I've seen more recently. Thank you to Sue for making this event so enjoyable.

The Fort Wayne Ball is the first Civil War Ball I've been to that does a ball the right way. Dance set, food, dance set, more food, etc. I wish more did them right. Most events have "balls" which I wouldn't consider a ball. I'm sorry but I refuse to wear my good silk dresses to those sorts of "balls", most of which are outside. Enough of that. As I said the Fort Wayne ball is definitely worth going to.

Add to the to do list.....

New ballgown for next years ball!

Later everyone!

1 comment:

Jenny Lee said...

I'm jealous! Definitely going to try to go next year.