Friday, November 14, 2008

Knitting & Criminal Minds

Okay, its been a couple of weeks.... I've been busy with all sorts of
sewing, knitting and other stuff. Besides 7 corsets, I've also finished
some blue eyelet socks for my daughter. They were suppose to be a surprise for Christmas but when I finished the first one it didn't look quite right so I ended up having her try it on. I was right. I couldn't do math the night I started the toe, 8 1/2-1 1/2 is 7 1/2 right???? OOPS! I ended up taking out the toe (after it was finished and shortening it an inch and a half.) Oh well, the other one went together right.

Other Projects on Needles (can't have just one, now can I?):
  1. Neckdown Pullover - Lanaloft (Maple Praline) - almost 1/2 done - sleeves and hood to go
  2. Be Mine Socks - Sunshine Yarns Twist Sock Yarn (The Hope) - just cast on
  3. Hope Socks by Janel Laidman - Araucania Ranco (Pink) - frogged and restarted
  4. Going Dotty socks by Anna Tillman - Fortissima Mexiko (Madagascar) & Cascade Heritage (5629) - frogged 5 or 6 times - crossing fingers I don't have to do it again!!!!
  5. The Classic Sock (approx. Men's Size 13) by Melissa Morgan-Oakes - ONline Supersocke 100 City Color 918 - one done, one to go.

For those of you who don't know, I'm a HUGE fan of Criminal Minds (okay, I'm addicted to CM and I have been since the beginning. I really enjoy the fact that the show does make you think, that and I was always interested in deviant behavior in psych class). The last two are definitely two of my favorites for the show I've really enjoyed watching the team grow over the last two years, especially Dr. Spencer Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler). I've also enjoyed watching the actors growing in their rolls as well. Criminal Minds has an incredibly talented group of actors and actresses. (Yes, I have favorites.......hmmm, I wonder who????)

My Top Criminal Minds Episodes by Season (not in any order):

SEASON 1
The Fisher King, Part 1
Somebody's Watching
LDSK - (loved this episode probably because of my IL roots)
The Tribe
Derailed

SEASON 2
The Aftermath
The Fisher King, Part 2
Bogeyman
The Big Game
Revelations

I'm still working on which ones to add to my Season 3 favorites. After I figure that out I will list my Top 10 (or 20.... lol).

I usually try to knit while I'm watching television but I honestly can't while Criminal Minds is on. Thankfully, they don't usually freak me out to the point that I wish I had someone sitting there watching with me. (just the one with Wil Wheaton! I definitely will not be staying in a motel in the middle of nowhere!) I've definitely sat on the edge of my couch several times this season! Thanks for a GREAT show!!!

One more note about CM... for those of you who don't already know, Matthew Gray Gubler has his own website, http://www.matthewgraygubler.com/, go check it out. Not only is he an incredibly talented actor, but he's an artist too and right now you can hear him read Annabel Lee by Edgar Allen Poe (one of my favorite poets)!

For those of you who can't get enough of Criminal Minds, check out the books!! I've already read Jump Cut. I'll be starting Killer Profile on Monday, while I'm sitting waiting for jury duty.

I know I promised to share poems I wrote awhile ago but I'd rather share this one instead. This has always been one of my favorites.

Nothing Gold Can Stay
by Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower,
But only so an hour.
Then the leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So Dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Next time.....

Halloween and more???

No comments: