Wednesday, November 19, 2008

LONG night, last night

Sorry, if this post doesn't make much sense, I only got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night. I finally decided to just sit down and finish updating the website for the Midwest Civil War Civilians Conference (which has given me several headaches). And except for a few minor additions, I think its finally done (at least until next year). It's definitely been a learning experience. Now, I have to decide whether I want to update my personal/business website (which is definitely on the boring side) or wait awhile. Waiting sounds like a great idea right now. It's not like I don't have a million and one things to do. More corsets will be coming shortly, I've got at least two ladies' civil war dresses to finish, not to mention several girls' dresses (a couple of them are for my daughter - believe it or not.) and I have to get started making boys' pants, shirts, vests and jackets. First, I have to clean up my sewing area so that I have room to cut things out. Oh and don't forget the knitting. I've only got 5 or 6 projects started there. But at least those I can work on while I'm watching television. Probably, won't get to much knitting done tonight though, I can't knit and watch Criminal Minds. It just doesn't work. I get maybe two or three stitches done then I'm glued to the screen. Oh well, I'd rather not get any knitting done than miss CM.

This has definitely been an interesting couple of days. I had to go to jury duty on Monday. I finally got to start the second Criminal Minds book, Killer Profile. I will try not to put any spoilers up with out warning (on the book or on the show). I was kind of surprised when I picked up the book and found that it takes place in the Chicago area (I'm originally from the northern suburbs.) in areas that I kind of grew up in. I love the fact that I know most of the area the book takes place in. Wauconda, Lakewood Forest Preserve, North Barrington & of course Chicago (I can find my way around) are all in the book. BTW, Wauconda is in LAKE county not the lakes counties. That's the only thing I've found so far that kind of bugged me. I've only gotten through Chapter 3, so I can't say too much about the book itself yet.

Speaking of Wauconda, we have some friends who live there and breed Morgan horses. They have a cool video on YouTube featuring their farm. Here's the link.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyZ7rmp5uvs . I'm even in a couple of the pictures! One of them you'd never guess was me.

That's all for now. Time to go take a nap!

No comments: