Wednesday, October 30, 2013

October 30, 2013

Wow! I can't believe it has been more than 6 months since I've updated any of my blogs. It has been an extremely busy year so far. Sewing up a storm since April for TWO 150th anniversary Civil War events: Gettysburg in July & Chickamauga in September. I know there will be some people that disagree with this but I thought both were great events. Yes, that is my opinion. Most of the time, even if it's pouring rain the entire weekend (or every afternoon like Gettysburg) as long as I'm "playing" with this particular group of people it will be a great event. Some people would think I'm nuts because I'd rather drive 8+ hours to meet up with this group of friends than stay "home" and play with the local reenactors.  I'm looking forward to the next (last) two years of the 150th anniversaries and I am VERY happy to call all of those who have been with us at the BGA civilian towns friends (and a few family).

Now, the good thing is that all of the sewing and knitting means that the bills are getting paid. The bad thing is that I'm too busy to update blogs, read books (all though I do get a couple in here and there), riding my horse, etc. I did get a chance to go see the Fashion & Art exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago before it closed in September. It was really cool seeing some of the dresses & artwork that I've only seen on the internet in person.  My daughter had been wanting to go down to the AIC to see the Van Gogh paintings they have there. (Thank you, Doctor Who!!)   We also walked over to Buckingham Fountain and Millennium Park. I hadn't been down to Chicago in several years.

Now, that I have a lens on my camera again, another thing I've been trying to find time for is photography. I've found myself playing with the different modes on the camera instead of using m dSLR as a point and shoot. It's been a lot of fun playing and I've even surprised myself with a few of the pictures (and that's before playing with some of the apps and photo software).

I suppose it's time to head back to the sewing machine or pick up the knitting needles again.  Have a great day!

No comments: