Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3, 2012

Well, December is here again.  So far it definitely doesn't seem like Christmas is literally right around the corner. Yesterday when we went and cut our tree it was 52 degrees.  It's not supposed to be that warm!  It's December and it's Wisconsin.  I'm just hoping that we do have some snow for Christmas so that we don't end up with a brown Christmas (which I find somewhat depressing).  Any way....  The tree is up, the lights are on and tonight the ornaments will start finding their way out of the boxes and onto the tree. 

As I mentioned on Friday, I did finish the Lady's Knitted Under Petticoat from Godey's Lady's Book & Magazine (December, 1864). I had started it back on October 15th. The pattern and my notes are on my KnittingAside blog. I have another one already started but I'm going to have to start it over.  Somehow, I managed to drop several stitches and since it's only row 5 or 6, I don't really mind taking it out.

Saturday was supposed to be spent cleaning the living room and kitchen. However, I got talked into taking my daughter to the barn.  She wanted to see if she was finally big enough to ride in the 15 1/2" western saddle that we own.  Good news! No more pony saddle. She's very happy.  She also did some ground work with my horse and he actually listened to her.  Now, she just needs to go work with him everyday so that he stops looking like he's pregnant. He definitely needs the work!

Saturday evening I started working on a new knitting project (big surprise).  More on that will be posted on my KnittingAside blog. (oh and I already finished it last night, except for some buttons)

Today, I'm off to the sewing room to finish drafting patterns for a customer and then cut out a couple of "ensemble" pieces for civil war clothing.  Don't worry, there will be pictures eventually. 

Hope everyone has a great day! 

No comments: